Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Suck it, Cancer #Trois




This is my 3rd custom order request for a Suck it, Cancer quilt.  My customer wanted mostly purples in this one, because she is doing a silent auction for Relay for Life and their theme is purple.  When I came across Kate Spain's Daydream line, I knew this was perfect.  I love the prints in it.


Sorry for the bad pictures!  YUCK!  I was in a hurry to get this boxed up and mailed out.  :(   And as usual, it's always windy out here, so quilts and wind makes for a challenge.  Poor planning on my part.



I love the border print...Very subtle but adorable.  I like to do each Cancer quilt a little different.  They are all unique, as we are.  So I do the blocks the same, but the rest of the quilt I change it up a little.


And this binding is my absolute FAVORITE.  Squares - and color!  Love it.

I hope this quilt gets some BIG $$$ for the Relay for Life cause!!!  Good luck Nancy!

Linky Linky:
Quilt Story
Blossom Heart Quilts
I have to say

Today's post is brought to you by:
The color purple!
(Not to be confused with the movie)

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and the message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It is always a wonderful thing to be reminded of what cancer cannot do...great message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and great message too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt and a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt! Love the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the binding fabric, is that part of the daydream range as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the message of the quilt. Great idea...great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quilt and a wonderful message. Just brilliant :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful quilt and a great message. I'm sure it will do well in the auction :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Totally suck it cancer!- Heather

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!